Drivers will be affected by a number of new traffic restrictions and road closures as work continues on the Lincoln Eastern Bypass.
The next phase of construction for March will see progress on the Market Rasen line rail bridge in Greetwell, as well as the construction of temporary bridges over North and South Delphs.
Current restrictions are as follows:
- Temporary 30mph speed limit on Washingborough Road and Greetwell Road
- Temporary 200m path diversion on the Sustrans route along the River Witham
- Closure of the Public Right of Way near Hawthorne Chase for Anglian Water sewer pipe diversions; however, the play park at Hawthorn Chase will remain open
Upcoming off-peak two-way traffic signals:
- Hawthorne Road on 12 March, 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Greetwell Road from 13-14 March, 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Washingborough Road from 15-16 March and 19 March, 9:30am to 4pm
- Heighington Road from 20-22 March, 7am to 5pm
- Lincoln Road from 23-26 March, 9:30am to 4pm
- Bloxholm Lane on 27 March, 7am to 5pm
- Sleaford Road from 27-29 March, 6:30pm to 6am
More work has been done in February and contractors Galliford Try and BAM Nuttall will continue carrying out essential works on two of the new road’s essential rail bridges.
The work done in February included starting construction of access staircases for Washingborough rail bridge and completing road crossing duct work over Washingborough Road.
Works happening in March
- Continue construction of north and south abutments for Market Rasen line rail bridge
- Complete haul roads to North and South Delphs
- Begin construction of temporary bridges over North and South Delphs
- Install permanent fencing across the site
- Remove hedges and other vegetation across the site
- Complete construction of all remaining concrete support walls, including wing walls, for Washingborough rail bridge
- Complete construction of access staircases for Washingborough rail bridge
- Complete demobilisation of BAM Nuttall site cabins at Washingborough Road
- Complete removal of soil, dirt and rubble resulting from excavations at Washingborough rail bridge
- Complete main ducting works for Western Power Distribution
- Complete installation of handrail and fencing at Washingborough rail bridge
- Complete top soiling at Washingborough rail bridge site
- Continue archaeological investigations adjacent to Washingborough Road
- Current traffic restrictions and closures