A number of roadworks projects will affect drivers in Lincoln this week. Two major projects in particular will be worth noting:
Resurfacing works to reduce congestion along Outer Circle Road and Wragby Road will lead to a number of night-time road closures over the next two weeks.
As previously reported, the six months of roadworks reached their midway point earlier this month and the next set of works will take place between Tuesday, May 29 and Thursday, June 7 from 8pm to 5am Monday to Friday.
The work includes creating longer lanes along Outer Circle Road on the approach to Wragby Road.
It also involves widening the Wragby Road carriageway between Wolsey Way and Outer Circle Road to accommodate four lanes (two westbound and two eastbound).
The project is being funded using part of the £5.4million allocated to the authority by the Department of Transport from its National Productivity Investment Fund.
Subject to suitable weather these works will take place in the following order:
- May 29-30 – Outer Circle Road/Carlton Boulevard
- May 31-June 1 – Outer Circle Road/Deacon Road
- June 4-5 – Outer Circle Road/Carlton Boulevard
- June 6-7 – Outer Circle Road/Deacon Road
Signed diversion routes for the works:
- Bunkers Hill/Wragby Road East – via A158 to Nettleham Road to Ruskin Avenue, and vice versa
- Outer Circle Drive – via Bunkers Hill to A158 to Nettleham Road, and vice versa
- Carlton Boulevard – use the Hawthorn Rd exit during the works
- Outer Circle Road – via Wragby Road to Greetwell Road, and vice versa
- Wragby Road West to Chaucer Drive – via Wragby Road to Greetwell Road, and vice versa
Tentercroft Street closure
Tentercroft Street will be shut for three days starting from Tuesday, May 29.
Contractors Clancy Docwra will be working on behalf of Anglian Water, with the road closure restriction set to be in place until Thursday, May 31.
Traffic travelling west to east is diverted via the High Street, South Park Avenue, A15/Canwick Road, Portland Street, Cross Street.
Traffic travelling from east to west is diverted via Broadgate, Corporation Street/West Parade, Brayford Way, Ropewalk, St Mark Street.
For more information on how it will effect bus routes click here.