December 6, 2018 9.10 am This story is over 36 months old

CCTV shows missing Lincoln graduate’s last known movements

She hasn’t been seen since Saturday

New Zealand Police are continuing to search for a University of Lincoln graduate backpacker after she went missing on Saturday.

A CCTV image has been issued by officers investigating the disappearance of 22-year-old Grace Millane, originally from Essex.

Family and friends are desperately appealing for information after she stopped responding to birthday well-wishes. It is understood she failed to return to the hostel she was staying in in Auckland.

The last confirmed sighting of Grace was just after 7pm on Saturday night. Photo: New Zealand Police

Police have been piecing together her last known movements, tracing her on CCTV at 7.15pm on Saturday, December 1 at Sky City in Auckland’s CBD.

In the CCTV, Grace is seen wearing a black dress and white Converse-style shoes.

Grace was last seen at Sky City, which features casinos, bars, restaurants and hotels

Officers said they have received a number of unconfirmed sightings from members of the public which will be assessed as part of enquiries.

Family and friends were faced with radio silence from Saturday

They added they are “keeping an open mind” in the investigation.

Detective Inspector Scott Beard said: ““Clearly this is a very stressful time for Grace’s family and the longer she remains missing the more our concern grows for her safety and wellbeing.

“It’s important that anyone who recognises Grace from this photo or saw her on Saturday night contacts Police immediately on 09 302 6970.”

Grace was staying at the Base Backpackers hostel, but has not contacted family since or been active on social media.

She has been in New Zealand for around two weeks.

Friend and fellow University of Lincoln student Samantha Ramsy told The Lincolnite: “She is one of my closest friends. She always wanted to go travelling and left a couple of months ago. She has been in New Zealand for a couple of weeks.

“I last spoke to her on November 29. She was having fun and her messages have all been positive. We’re desperate to spread the word and find her.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.