January 7, 2019 2.16 pm This story is over 58 months old

Seventh drugs gang member jailed for over four years

His sister will be sentenced on Tuesday

A man who was part of a Manchester gang who dealt drugs on the street of Grimsby has been jailed after six members were previously given combined sentences of over 37 years.

Billy Griffin, 28, of Biddisham Walk, Manchester, was one of an eight-strong county lines gang who admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine and heroin between October 2015 and October 2016.

He and his co-accused sister had been on the run since the other gang members were sentenced.

He was jailed for four years and 10 months after a hearing in Grimsby on Monday, January 7.

On December 21, he was also sentenced to 28 days in prison for failing to attend court for the original sentencing.

They have been jailed for a combined total of over 37 years. Photo: Humberside Police

Six men previously admitted their role in the county lines operation and were jailed after officers spent the last three years gathering evidence to piece together a case.

They ran the operation via addresses in Hainton Avenue, Thorgam Court, Farebrother Street, Freeman Street, Sussex Street, and St Augustine Avenue.

Lauren and Billy Griffin. Photo: Humberside Police

Billy’s sister Lauren Griffin, 25, had also been due to be sentenced today (January 7), but will now appear before court on Tuesday, January 7.

When six people were jailed late last year, Billy and Lauren “panicked” and absconded from court before they could be sentences alongside the rest of the gang.

Heroin to the value of £3,710 was found. Photo: Humberside Police

Drugs were also seized. Photo: Humberside Police

Cash was recovered during a search. Photo: Humberside Police

They were later arrested in the Great Manchester area.

On December 21, Lauren was said to be too ill to appear before the court. His honour Judge Bury said he would wait to sentence the pair together for their role in the county lines operation. However, on Monday (January 7) only Billy was sentenced.