A man who admitted two assaults after police were called to a home in Grantham has today (Monday) appeared at Lincoln Crown Court.

Mark Hough, 55, was arrested after offficers were deployed to an incident involving three people at a property on Manchester Way, Grantham, at 9.51pm on Wednesday, October 27, last year.

Lincolnshire Police said a woman in her 50s was seriously injured after suffering a puncture wound and a man in his 20s suffered minor burn injuries.

Hough, formerly of Manchester Way, Grantham, later appeared at Lincoln Crown Court and denied a charge of attempting to murder Alison Worley 27 October 27, 2021.

He also pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault occassioning actual bodily harm to his son, Joshua Hough, on the same date.

However at a further hearing Hough pleaded guilty to an offence of wounding Alison Worley with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm.

He also admitted a second charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm to Joshua Hough.

Sentence was adjourned for the preparation of psychiatric and pre-sentence reports on Hough.

Judge Simon Hirst also asked for an up to date medical report on the injuries sustained by Hough’s two victims and for a further victim impact statement from Alison Worley.

Leanne Summers, prosecuting, told the hearing: “Having spoken to Alison Worley I understand the injury to her left arm means that she still can not drive or work, and she is still receiving medical treatment.”

John McNally, defending Hough, told the court he had a difficult relationship with his son but he did not claim that his actions were in self defence.

Judge Hirst remanded Hough back into custody until July 14 when he will be sentenced at Lincoln Crown Court.

A Spalding man who admitted perverting the course of justice and stalking his ex-partner was today (Monday) jailed for four months.

Timothy Hart, 46, of Alexandra Road, was also made the subject of a two year restraining order which prevents him from contacting his former girlfriend.

Lincoln Crown Court heard the offences occurred after the couple’s three and half year relationship came to an end.

Following the end of the relationship Hart’s ex-partner returned home on 16 April to find him lying on the floor next to her bed, the court was told.

Hart was asked to leave but took his ex-partner’s car keys and returned on April 30 when he banged on the front door.

On that occasion Hart’s ex-partner did not answer the door and he was later arrested by police.

Following his release Hart made a number of phone calls to his ex-partner.

During one of the calls Hart’s ex-partner answered and asked him: “I’m not going to get my car keys back?”

Hart replied: “No, not until you drop the charges,” the court was told.

Anna Soubry, mitigating, said Hart knew that he faced a jail sentence.

“It is just a question of length,” Miss Soubry acknowledged.

“The most serious matter is the perverting of public justice.

“He admitted that in interview and has pleaded guilty at the first opportunity.”

Miss Soubry told the court Hart was a hard working mechanic who had the offer of a job once he is released from prison.

She added that Hart also faced the prospect of losing his Spalding home.

Hart admitted an offence of stalking and doing an act intended to pervert the course of public justice between May 5 and May 7 this year.

Passing sentence Judge Simon Hirst told Hart: “Perverting the course of justice is a very serious offence because it strikes at the heart of the justice system.”

Hart was also made the subject of a restraining order for two years.

+ More stories