Drivers in the Grimsby and Ludborough areas will face a week of road closures and disruption due to roadworks starting on the A18 next week.
North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, will start annual maintenance works on the road from Monday, April 1 for five days.
The works will be carried out under a road closure between 7am and 6pm. The road will be reopened to all traffic (except lorries) between the hours of 6pm and 7am.
The road closure will be carried out in three phases from the junction of the A46 Laceby Road to the North East Lincolnshire boundary near Ludborough.
The phases of the road closures are as follows:
- A46 Laceby Road junction to Waltham Road junction – Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2
- Waltham Road junction to Ashby Hill roundabout – Wednesday, April 3
- Ashby Hill roundabout to borough boundary. This includes temporary traffic light signals at Ashby Hill roundabout – Thursday, April 4 and Friday, April 5.
During the road closure the following works will be completed:
- Sections of carriageway patching on Ashby Hill roundabout
- Road tests on sections of the carriageway to determine the condition of the road
- Drainage inspections
- Replacement of damaged verges
- Re-sitting of existing 50mph repeater signs
- Routine maintenance works including grass cutting, hedge trimming, weed spraying, road sweeping and litter picking
Advanced warning and local diversion signs will be in place during the works. Access during the closure will only be available for emergency vehicles, businesses and residents.