LNER is putting on the long-awaited extra direct trains between Lincoln and London Kings Cross from Monday, October 14.
In addition to the current one direct train in the morning from Lincoln and one return from London in the evening, there will be four extra services (both outbound in return), half of which will be on new Azuma trains.
LNER is taking bookings on its website for the below services from October 14, which will be running Monday to Friday.
The weekend services timetable is not available yet (starting October 19). The current direct services already operate on Saturdays too.
Lincoln to London direct trains (Mon-Fri)
- Current Departs Lincoln 7.30am, arriving at London Kings Cross (KGX) 9.26am (1hr56m)
- New Departs Lincoln 11.18am, arriving KGX 1.23pm (2hr 5min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs Lincoln 1.23pm, arriving KGX 3.23pm (2hr)
- New Departs Lincoln 3.26pm, arriving KGX 5.23pm (1hr 57min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs Lincoln 5.15pm, arriving KGX 7.23pm (2hr 8min)
London to Lincoln direct trains (Mon-Fri)
- New Departs London Kings Cross (KGX) 10.06am, arriving at Lincoln 12.04pm (1hr 58min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs KGX 12.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 2.07pm (2hr 1min)
- New Departs KGX 2.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 4.03pm (1hr 57min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs KGX 4.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 6.08pm (2hr 2min)
- Current Departs KGX 7.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 9.03pm (1hr 57min)
Earlier this year LNER said it will be introducing by the end of the year hourly direct services to and from Lincoln – London Kings Cross.
It appears the East Coast Main Line franchise operator will be phasing in the extra services through the autumn into the winter.
Half of the new services will be on the new Azuma trains, introduced on the line since May, which operate diesel/electric hybrids, with faster acceleration and more seating, yet extra leg room for both standard and first class.
East Midlands Railway (formerly East Midlands Trains) also operates a direct service between Lincoln and London St Pancras International station. It departs Lincoln at 7.04am arriving 2hrs 51min later into St Pancras at 9.55am. The return departs London at 6.05pm, arriving into Lincoln 2hrs 47min later at 8.52pm.