Get ready to don your Santa outfits and be full of festive cheer at the 2019 Lincoln Santa Fun Run this winter, which now has a new route.
Pre-registration is now open for the charity event organised by the Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia at 11.30am on Sunday, December 15. Click here to pre-register to ensure a personal email notification will be sent to you as soon as full registration is open.
Once registration is open, the fee is £12 per person (children under five and dogs are free). The fee includes a Santa suit and finishing medal.
The new route
Due to extensive building work taking place around Lincoln Cathedral it has not been possible to include Minster Yard in the 2019 route.
The route will once again take place in the uphill area of the city with a grand finish in Castle Square. The two lap course will start in The Westgate and runners can choose to complete just the first lap (2.6km) or continue on a further 2km for lap two.
The second lap starts at Westgate near the water tower before participants will turn left onto Union Road. The rest of the route is as follows:
- A left turn onto Drury Lane will follow before running into and through Castle Square and into the Bailgate
- Turn right into Eastgate, turn left at The Lincoln Hotel into Northgate and bear left on Northgate leading into Church Lane
- Turn left into Newport towards Newport Arch, through Newport Arch into the Bailgate
- Turn right into Westgate, turn left into Union Road, turn left into Drury Lane running into Castle Square
- Lap 1 runners finish in Castle Square
- For Lap 2 run through Castle Square into the Bailgate and repeat Lap 1 finishing in Castle Square
Click here for more information about this year’s event. Any businesses interested in sponsorship opportunities should contact [email protected] Organisations can also register their interest on the event’s website.