All lines are blocked after a person was hit by a train between Newark and Retford.
The person was hit at around 10am on Tuesday, October 15 with severe delays expected throughout the day.
British Transport Police said: “We were called to the lines in Carlon on Trent at 10.19am to reports of a casualty on the tracks.
“We are currently in the process of responding alongside paramedics.”
A spokesperson for LNER said: “We’re sorry to share the heartbreaking news that a person has been hit by a train between Newark and Retford.
“All lines are currently blocked. We will share more information when we have this.”
The following services have been cancelled:
- 10.33am; London Kings Cross to Leeds
- 11.03am; London Kings Cross to Leeds
- 11.06am; London Kings Cross to York
- 10.45am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
- 11.15am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
As a result, LNER customers can use tickets on the following services:
- East Midlands Railway between Newark Castle or Sheffield and London St Pancras via Nottingham
- Virgin Trains between London Euston to Edinburgh and Manchester
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and York to connect into Cross Country or LNER services
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and Manchester towards Sheffield to connect with East Midlands Service towards Virgin Trains services
- Cross Country services between Doncaster and Scotland
- Grand Central services from Doncaster in both directions
This is a breaking news story and will be updated when we get more information.