A person has been pronounced dead at the scene after going onto the train tracks near Newark and Retford.
The incident happened at around 10am on Tuesday, October 15 with severe delays expected throughout the day.
British Transport Police were called to reports of a casualty on the tracks between Newark and Retford.
It is not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesperson for BTP said: “Paramedics also attended however a person has sadly been pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
A spokesperson for LNER said: “We’re sorry to share the heartbreaking news that a person has been hit by a train between Newark and Retford.
“All lines are currently blocked. We will share more information when we have this.”
The following services have been cancelled:
- 10.33am; London Kings Cross to Leeds
- 11.03am; London Kings Cross to Leeds
- 11.06am; London Kings Cross to York
- 10.45am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
- 11.15am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
- 11.33am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
- 12.02am; London Kings Cross to York
- 11.45am; Leeds to London Kings Cross
As a result, LNER customers can use tickets on the following services:
- East Midlands Railway between Newark Castle or Sheffield and London St Pancras via Nottingham
- Virgin Trains between London Euston to Edinburgh and Manchester
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and York to connect into Cross Country or LNER services
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and Manchester towards Sheffield to connect with East Midlands Service towards Virgin Trains services
- Cross Country services between Doncaster and Scotland
- Grand Central services from Doncaster in both directions