A Tattershall man has died from fumes after a chip pan fire took hold of his home.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said crews attended reports of a fire on Tuesday before finding the man’s body.
Investigators are still trying to determine when the fire took place and said that it had eventually self-extinguished.
Emergency services attended the scene of a fire yesterday in Tattershall where our fire crews sadly found that a man had died. We are currently unsure of when the fire took place and investigations are ongoing.
— Lincs Fire & Rescue (@LincsFireRescue) March 11, 2020
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time.
“Our community fire safety team will be in the area offering support and advice for local residents early next week.”
Lincolnshire Reporter approached Lincolnshire Police for a comment but received no reply by the time of publication.