Four more schools in Lincolnshire have confirmed positive cases of coronavirus on Tuesday.
Lincolnshire County Council said on October 6 that it is working with 32 schools with cases of COVID-19.
The latest additions to the list are Priory Ruskin Academy (Grantham), Hawthorn Tree School (Boston) and Boston College.
In addition, St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy on Western Avenue in Lincoln, which is not yet on the council’s list, sent a letter to parents on Tuesday saying it had been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.
Pupils who have been in close contact with the affected child must stay at home and self-isolate until Monday, October 19.
The only school on the council’s list that is currently closed is Bluecoat Meres Academy in Grantham.
Andy Fox, consultant in public health, said: “As of this Tuesday, Lincolnshire’s Health Protection Team is currently working with 32 schools that have had confirmed cases of coronavirus.
“All schools are taking action to limit the potential spread of the virus, with some pupils and staff self-isolating as a precaution where necessary.”
Schools with current confirmed cases:
- Lincoln College
- Queen Elizabeth High School, Gainsborough
- Gonerby Hill Foot Primary School, Grantham
- Hackthorn Primary School
- Kesteven and Sleaford High School
- Ellison Boulters Academy, Scothern
- Ermine Academy, Lincoln
- Our Lady of Lincoln Catholic Primary School
- Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School
- Priory City of Lincoln Academy
- St Helena’s Primary School, Willoughby
- Bluecoat Primary School, Stamford
- Somercotes Academy, North Somercotes
- The Deepimgs School
- Lincoln Castle Academy
- Lincoln Carlton Academy
- Bluecoat Meres Academy, Grantham (closed)
- Boston High School
- The Meadows Primary School, Lincoln
- Waddington All Saints Academy
- Dunholme St Chad’s Primary School
- Kesteven and Grantham Girls School
- Hogsthorpe Primary Academy
- Cliffedale Primary School, Grantham
- Gosberton House Academy
- Bassingham Pre-School
- Barrowby Primary School
- Billingborough Primary School
- The Priory Academy LSST
- Priory Ruskin Academy, Grantham
- Boston College
- Hawthorn Tree School, Boston
William Farr School (Welton), Queen Elizabeth Grammar School (Horncastle), Sir Robert Pattinson Academy (North Hykeham) and Bourne Abbey Primary Academy are the latest schools to be removed from the list as they are no longer active cases with Public Health England.
North East Lincolnshire
There are currently nine schools and education settings with confirmed cases of coronavirus in North East Lincolnshire that are active cases with Public Health England.
Grimsby’s Ormiston Maritime Academy was one of the latest to reveal a case after pupils were sent home due to a student testing positive for coronavirus, according to Grimsby Live.
North Lincolnshire Council said it was unable to provide data regarding schools in the region with coronavirus cases.
There is understood to have been at least six cases at North Lincolnshire schools since term restarted in September.
- South Axholme Academy, Epworth
- Enderby Road Infant School, Scunthorpe
- St Lawrence Academy, Scunthorpe
- Baysgarth School, Barton-upon-Humber
- Frederick Gough School, Scunthorpe
- Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue, Scunthorpe
In addition, John Leggott College in Scunthorpe has also had a positive case of coronavirus.