Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue

Fire crews have been tackling a house blaze in Skegness on Monday which caused the road to be closed.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue were called to reports of a house fire on Wainfleet Road in Skegness at around 11.50am on Monday, where it was discovered that the property was “well alight”.

Three crews, two from Skegness and one from Spilsby, were in attendance and used breathing apparatus, two hose reels, two thermal imaging cameras and a covering jet to resolve the situation.

Everyone inside the property was accounted for but people in the local area were asked to keep their windows and doors closed.

Lincolnshire Police requested for traffic management on Wainfleet Road, which was in place for a number of hours through Monday.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault in the domestic wiring of a bedroom, which caused severe damage to not just the bedroom but also slight smoke damage to the room above and subsequent hallway of the ground floor and first floor rooms.

Firefighters are at Lincoln prison after reports of a fire inside a jail cell on Friday morning.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue confirmed to The Lincolnite they were called to HMP Lincoln on Greetwell Road on Friday morning after it was reported a fire had started inside one of the cells at the prison.

Firefighters have been at the scene for most of the morning trying to establish a cause and ensure that prisoners and staff are kept safe from the incident.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue issued a statement shortly before 2pm saying: “Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue were called out at 9.04am to an incident at HM Prison in Lincoln.

“Crews from Lincoln North, Lincoln South, Bardney, Market Rasen and Sleaford attended to extinguish a fire involving a small quantity of clothes and bedding within the cell. There was also light smoke damage within the cell. “

Two crews attended the scene after a van caught fire in uphill Lincoln on Monday.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue were called to the incident on Albany Street in Lincoln at 8.36am on January 10. Crews from North Hykeham and Lincoln South attended the incident.

It was caused by an unknown fault within the engine compartment of the LGV delivery van, and resulted in severe fire damage.

Smoke could be seen from far away.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue told The Lincolnite shortly after 11.30am that the final crew from North Hykeham have now returned to base.

The spokesperson said: “This incident resulted in severe fire damage to one LGV delivery van, and fire and heat damage to an adjacent UPVC door, UPVC windows and frames, and some heat damage to another UPVC door.

“The crews extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus. They then used thermal imaging cameras to inspect. The fire was caused by an unknown fault within the engine compartment of the van.”

+ More stories