December 21, 2010 10.49 am This story is over

Careless smoking led to house fire

House fire Carelessly discarded smoking material led to a house fire on Aberporth Drive.

A man who carelessly discarded smoking materials that led to a fire in the early hours of Tuesday is now being treated in hospital for smoke inhalation.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue crews were called at a mid-terraced house on Aberporth Drive just before 2am on December 21.

The man was rescued from the fire as firefighters put the flames in the bedroom, which was severely damaged.

The man who suffered from smoke inhalation was taken to Lincoln County Hospital to be treated.

Source: Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue | Related Report: BBC Lincolnshire

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.