A resident from a Lincoln village will be receiving a New Year’s Honours, alongside nine other people in Lincolnshire.
Patricia Amelia Mellows from Skellingthorpe will receive a British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to charitable giving in Lincolnshire.
Warrant Officer Barry McEvoy (54), an engineer from 14 Squadron RAF Waddington, has also been awarded an MBE in the 2014 Honours List.
Meanwhile, Councillor Marianne Overton, leader of the Independents on Lincolnshire County Council, has been honoured for services to local government.
Bourne community nurse Candice Pellett has been awarded an OBE. She is a Senior Case Manager and Community Practice Educator for Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust (LCHS).
The honour recognises her services to nursing, which not only sees her working full-time in Bourne, but also as a representative on a number of national panels and forums, such as the Prime Minister’s Care and Quality Forum.
The New Year’s Honours list recognises achievements and service of extraordinary people across the UK.
This list was also the first that contained more women (51%) than men on the list.
BEM’s aim to recognise the work of a greater number of people doing something in their local communities.
In total 1,195 people have received an award in the list.
As well as Amelia Mellows, a range of people for other parts of the county will receive an hours for various kinds of work also, including a district councillor.
The Lincolnshire list is:
- Barry McEvoy — Warrant Officer, RAF Waddington. For his outstanding contribution to the operational output and development of the Shadow R1 force. As the Squadron Warrant Officer he has been responsible for all engineering personnel and standards across 12 different locations.
- Candice Patricia Pellett — Spalding – District Nurse, Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust. For services to Nursing.
- Keith Noel Crawford — Boston — National Vice Chairman of the Royal Naval Association. For voluntary service to Navy Personnel, Veterans and their Families.
- Angela Margaret Kay – Stapleford Woods – Artistic Director at Music for Everyone. For services to Music in Nottinghamshire.
- Councillor Marianne Jane Overton – Welbourne – Vice-Chair, Local Government Association. For services to local government.
- Anthony Knowles – Sutton on Sea – Trustee at Emma Jayne Memorial Fund, Hull Royal Infirmary. For charitable services to Neurological Treatment in East Yorkshire.
- Ruth Maureen Knowles – Sutton on Sea – Trustee at Emma Jayne Memorial Fund, Hull Royal Infirmary. For charitable services to Neurological Treatment in East Yorkshire.
- Brian Marsh – Cleethorpes – Chairman, Humberston Park Hydrotherapy Pool Committee. For charitable services to Education Therapy for Children with Physical and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Neville William McFarlane – Sleaford – For services to the Salvation Army and to the community in Sleaford, Lincolnshire.