Three people hospitalised after two house fires in Lincoln overnight

This story is over

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue attended two significant fires overnight in Lincoln, resulting in three people being taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Crews were first called to a flat fire on Waterside South at around 12.32am on Tuesday, September 8.

The fire was in a flat on Waterside South.

The fire was in a flat on Waterside South.

Five appliances were initially in attendance to deal with the fire on the second floor.

There was significant damage to the living room of the flat and the fire was extinguished at around 5.30am.

The occupier was taken to hospital as a precaution for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental.

At second fire broke out in the early hours of the morning on Manby Street off Newark Road at around 6.30.

The fire has broken out in the kitchen of a residential property.

Severe damage was caused to the kitchen and smoke damage was cause to the remainder of the house.

It was extinguished by around 8.30am.

Two residents were taken to hospital for mild smoke inhalation and the case of the fire was put down to overloading of electrical sockets.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue are advising people to check their webpage for electrical safety tips.