Neighbour rescues person from Lincoln house fire

This story is over

A quick-thinking neighbour has rescued a person from a fire at a Lincoln house caused by discarded cigarettes.

Fire crews from Lincoln South and North stations attended the blaze on Cross Street at just before 1.30am on Friday, March 11.

One person inside was rescued by a neighbour and taken to hospital by ambulance.

The neighbour also extinguished the fire using buckets of water and the fire crews inspected the damage caused.

The cause of the fire, which saw fire damage to a sofa and smoke damage to the homeowner’s lounge, is believed to have been caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials.

Lincolnshire Emergency Response also provided the fire crews with support overnight.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.