A 15-year-old girl has been found guilty of murdering Spalding mum Elizabeth Edwards and her 13-year-old daughter Katie.
The jury at Nottingham Crown Court unanimously returned guilty verdicts following a two-week trial concluding on Tuesday, October 18.
The girl, along with a 15-year-old boy, were accused of murdering school dinner lady Elizabeth Edwards, 49, and her daughter Katie, at their home on Dawson Avenue in Spalding earlier this year.
She had pleaded guilty to two charges of manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility but not guilty to the murders.
The boy pleaded guilty to two charges of murder between April 12 and 15.
Both defendants were 14 at the time and are now 15.
Neither can be identified because of a court order.
The court heard that the killings took place within minutes of one another, after they had planned the murders at McDonald’s days earlier.
Both victims were stabbed in the neck by the boy as they lay asleep in adjoining bedrooms at their home.
Following the horrific killings, the pair took a bath together to wash off the blood, before having sex and watching a Twilight vampire film.
The pair had written a suicide note titled “f*** you world” after butchering the mum and daughter.
Mr Justice Haddon-Cave adjourned sentence for a youth offending report to be prepared on the girl.
The judge expressed his admiration and gratitude for police based in Spalding and Grantham.
He said: “It has been investigated and prepared with excellent skill and clarity.”
The judge also expressed his gratitude for the “quiet dignity” shown by those in the public gallery.
The girl was remanded in to secure accommodation and will be sentenced alongside the boy, who admitted the two murders, on November 10.
Follow the progress of the trial:
- Boy, 15, pleads guilty to murder of Spalding mum and teenage daughter
- Teens ‘stabbed Spalding mum and daughter through throat’ after planning murder at McDonald’s
- “Ten minutes for each one”: Girl’s chilling account of murder of Spalding mum and daughter
- “I felt like murdering for quite a while”, girl tells officers after Spalding killings
- Jury hears boy and girl had sex after grotesque Spalding killings
- Teen wrote defiant suicide note before Spalding mum and daughter’s murder