Boultham Park will show the royal wedding and the FA Cup Final on a giant 21 square metre screen as part of its official opening celebration this month.
The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, along with this year’s FA Cup Final will be shown on a big screen on Saturday, May 19.
What to expect
- Food vendors including Party Delights, with more to be confirmed in the near future
- Live music on the band stand and a range of activities (still being finalised)
- Attractions including activities from Imps in the Community and the Showroom, a miniature train from the Lincoln and District Model Engineering Society, face painting and more
- The Checkatrade Trophy, which Lincoln won at Wembley in April, will also be making an appearance
- A 1929 bus from the Lincolnshire Road Transport Museum will be on show, which is from the same year Boultham Park was taken on by the city council
- The park’s putting greens and tennis courts will also be open, along with the new cafe and glasshouse
- 10.30am – Event opens to the public
- 11am – Official opening of the park
- 11.30am – Begin televised showing of the Royal Wedding
- 2pm – Finish broadcast of Royal Wedding
- 2.30pm – Live Music on the bandstand
- 5.15pm – Kick-off of the FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Chelsea
The Boultham Park Restoration Project is a joint project with the City of Lincoln Council and Linkage Community Trust.
Community Development Worker for the project Caroline Wallis told The Lincolnite: “It’s been a real privilege to be involved with the project.
“The people of Boultham and the surrounding areas have really come together and we’ve put on some great events.
“It is clear to see people are now much more engaged and proud of their local park.”