The city of Lincoln’s Armed Forces Day is set to take place on Saturday with an opening ceremony full of guests and entertainment throughout the day.
The celebrations on Lincoln High Street and Cornhill area will take place between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, June 30.
VIP guests will process from the Guildhall to Cornhill via the City War Memorial where Standard Bearers will meet with them.
The event will be opened on Cornhill by Mrs Jill Hughes DL at 10am followed by the VIPS inspecting those on parade.
The Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Band will play during the opening ceremony.
The various military and Regimental Association stalls will then open on the High Street and there will be music and entertainment throughout the day.
There will be an Inter Cadet Forces Drill Competition at 3pm.
A sunset closing ceremony with the Band of Lincolnshire Army Cadet Force will take place at 4pm.
Local Army Reserve & RAF Reserve Regimnets will be present and some military vehicles will be on display.
Opening Ceremony confirmed attendance
The City of Lincoln Council will send a civic party, including the Mayor and Mayoress and Sheriff of Lincoln.
- Deputy Lieutenant of Lincolnshire – Mrs Jill Hughes
- High Sheriff of Lincolnshire – Mr Ian Walter
- Mayor of Lincoln – Councillor Keith Weaver
- Mayoress of Lincoln – Mrs Jacqui Lane
- Sheriff of Lincoln, Consort – Mr Roy South & Mrs Sandra South
- Bishop of Lincoln – Rt Rev Christopher Lowson
- City of Lincoln MP – Karen Lee MP
- Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue – Division Commander Spencer Creek
- Lincolnshire Committee RFCA – Lt Col Nick Foster
- Senior RN Rep – Cdr Dave Hewitt
- 160 Sqn RLC – Maj James Hicks
- RAF Scampton – Squadron Commander Alastair Scott
- RAF Waddington – Wing Commander Jez Batt
- RAF Digby – Wing Commander Rich Payne
- Lincolnshire Army Cadet Force – Col Jeremy Field
- AFD Committee Chairman – Mr David Gratrick
- 1944 D Day Veteran – Mr Pat Constance
For more information about Armed Forces Day, visit their website here.