July 26, 2018 10.59 am This story is over 38 months old

Overheated shredding machine causes “large” Caythorpe fire

There will be another inspection this morning

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue rushed to the scene of a “large fire” in Caythorpe overnight after a shredding machine overheated.

The incident on Caythorpe Heath Lane, Caythorpe was reported at 1.47am on Thursday, July 26 due to a fire involving a conveyor belt and an industrial shredding machine and surrounding wood chippings.

Five crews were sent to the scene – two from Sleaford and Grantham and one from Brant Broughton – along with a specialist high pump volume and hose.

Residents in the local area were advised to keep windows and doors closed.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue said: “The crews left the scene after extinguishing the fire, but there will be a re-inspection this morning.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.