A police cordon has been extended across much of the city centre due to a bomb scare at Lincoln Central bus station.
“A genuine mistake”
The bus and train station have been evacuated, as well as Lincoln Central car park.
Bomb disposal units have arrived on the scene as well as emergency response teams after a package was left on an incoming bus, believed to be from Nettleham.
Several bus and train staff mentioned at the scene that the package “had wires coming out”.
Here from Lincolnshire Police live at the scene:
Officials have not made an official comment on the nature of the package found.
- A 150m cordon is now in place around the transport hub
- Lincoln Central Railway Station and car park are also closed
- Bomb squad are at the scene
- The ambulance incident response unit and police tactical support squad are also now at the bus station
- Road closures are in place on St Marys Street, Pelham Bridge and Broadgate
- Some buses are still running from Tentercroft Street
City of Lincoln Council issued a map of the cordoned off area: