Work has started on the new Greetwell Road roundabout as part of the Lincoln Eastern Bypass project.
The construction work began along with the continued construction of the Market Rasen rail line bridge in Greetwell.
Last month also saw the start of the Greetwell Fields Lane drainage works and continued works in Greetwell Quarry, as well as other things including post-excavation archaeological reporting.
There are various works happening in October that will cause traffic restrictions and closures.
Upcoming traffic restrictions and closures
- Full road closure of Washingborough Road from 6am on Monday, October 29 to 6pm on Sunday, November 11
- Diversion for non-HGVs: B1190 Washingborough Road to B1188 Lincoln Road to Station Road to Branston Road to Sheepwash
- Lane to Pitts Road to B1190 Washingborough Road, and vice versa
- Diversion for HGVs: B1190 Washingborough Road to B1188 Lincoln Road to B1202
- Off-peak temporary traffic signals on Lincoln Road from 9:30am on Monday, October 8 to 3:30pm on Friday, October 12
Current/ongoing traffic restrictions and closures
- Temporary 30mph speed limit on Washingborough Road and Greetwell Road
- Temporary traffic signals on Greetwell Road bends to allow safe access for construction vehicles and machinery
- Temporary speed restrictions on Lincoln Road, Heighington Road and Hawthorn Road
- Temporary 200m path diversion on the Sustrans route along the River Witham
There is various work happening in October as follows:
- Continue construction of Greetwell Road roundabout
- Complete top soil stripping between Wragby Road and Greetwell Road
- Complete construction of the bridge deck for the new Market Rasen rail line bridge
- Continue Greetwell Fields Lane drainage works and works in Greetwell Quarry
- Complete site-wide installation of permanent fencing
- Continue bulk earthworks, pre-earthwork drainage and construction of access tracks across the site
- Continued construction of new embankment between Market Rasen Line rail bridge and River Witham
- Begin construction of temporary piers for temporary haul road bridge and continue piling works for River Witham Viaduct
- Begin on-site processing of earthworks materials for use in construction
- Begin under-road drilling for installation of an underground drainage pipe at Lincoln Road
- Upcoming traffic restrictions and closures