People travelling by bus or train to see family and loved ones over Christmas will be affected by timetable changes.
The Lincolnite has put together a handy travel guide to help ease the stress for people’s festive journeys to and from Lincoln.
- Christmas Eve – A normal Monday bus service will run on the following routes: 20, 31, 31X, 533 and 535.
- Christmas Day – No services will run.
- Boxing Day – No bus services will run with the exception of the Hull area where a special service will run on certain routes.
- Thursday, December 27 – A Saturday bus service will run plus additional morning journeys in Lincoln on routes 2,3 and 16. A normal Thursday service will run on routes 20, 31, 31X, 161, 533 and 535.
- Elsewhere in the county a normal Thursday service will run on December 27 on routes 10 and 260 in Scunthorpe.
- Friday, December 28 – A Saturday bus service will run plus additional morning journeys in Lincoln on routes 2,3 and 16. A normal Friday service will run on routes 20, 31, 31X, 533 and 535.
- A normal Friday service will also in Scunthorpe on December 28 on routes 10 and 260.
- Saturday, December 29 – A normal Saturday bus service will run.
- Sunday, December 30 – A normal Sunday bus service will run.
- New Year’s Eve – A normal Monday bus service will run in Lincoln on routes 20, 31, 31X, 533 and 535. A normal Monday bus service will also run in Scunthorpe on route 260.
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 – No services will run.
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019 – Services will return back to normal.
There is no expected train disruption affecting regular Lincoln services over the Christmas period, but generally there are no trains on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
National Rail said that fewer people travel by rail over the Christmas and New Year bank holiday period (December 22 to January 2). Due to this, rail companies decide to carry out essential improvement and engineering work across the rail network during this time.
Most train companies have confirmed services for Christmas and New Year travel. It is advised to check the journey planner here when planning a journey this Christmas.
Meanwhile, Northern has announced details of the services it will operate for the RMT strike action on Saturday, December 22 and 29 – keep an eye here for any further announcements.
Lincoln City travel to face Crewe on Boxing Day. There are no trains between Lincoln and Crewe that day. The club has coach travel available for supporters to book. Click here for ticket and travel options.