A village Methodist Chapel could be turned into two new homes if a developer’s prayers are answered.
The plans for the mid-19th century Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, in Ingham, will see two-bedroom homes built into it.
Documents before West Lindsey District Council, submitted by Barbara Griffin, from Sproutbox, on behalf of applicants K2 (2015) Property SASS, say the chapel is vacant and aspects have “fallen into disrepair”.
“The aim… is to upgrade the building visually which would improve the overall appearance and of its immediate setting.
“By converting the chapel… it ensures the preservation of the building whilst giving it a new purpose.”
Residents have, however, raised concerns over parking on the nearby roads – particularly the single track Grange Lane. They note the building sits on the junction of four separate roads.
Another adds concerns over bin placement.
According to the documents the original chapel was built in 1836. It is not a listed building.
SUBSCRIBE TO LOCAL DEMOCRACY WEEKLY, our exclusive email newsletter with highlights from coverage every week, as well as insights and analysis from our local democracy reporters.