September 2, 2019 12.49 pm This story is over 55 months old

Tributes and hundreds of pounds raised for crash victim

“He was a devoted hard-working family man”

Tributes have been paid and money has been raised in memory of a father-of-two who died in a double fatal motorbike crash.

As previously reported, 36-year-old Tony Scarbro from the Gainsborough area died in a crash alongside another biker in his 60s from the Hull area, who has not yet been named.

Lincolnshire Police appealed for witnesses and dashcam footage of the crash on the B1225 at Stone Farm, Thoresway near Market Rasen.

They closed off the road from 6pm on August 17 until 2am the following morning emergency services attended the collision.

Now just over £560 has been raised on the fundraising website GoFundMe to pay towards a memorial for the father-of-two.

“Tony was a loving son, boyfriend, father, brother, uncle, and friend,” said the fundraising organiser Shane Scaife. “He was a kind-hearted man who would do anything to help anyone.

“He was always fixing cars and bikes so was forever in his garage. Those who knew Tony will remember his silly smile, always playing jokes and winding people up, he was a devoted hard-working family man who will be sadly missed.”

Tony and his partner Lauren Scaife.

Tony’s partner Lauren Scaife and his family also released the following tribute: “Words cannot begin to explain how much we are all going to miss Tony and I don’t know what we will do without him he was a massive presence in all our lives.

“He had a great sense of humour and always made light of everything. Tony was a kind and caring man who would always do anything for anyone. Tony had a passion for anything with an engine and enjoyed tinkering in his garage with friends.

“Tony was from a big family and has two daughters who he loved very much. He was a real family man and was at his happiest spending time with Lauren and his daughters.”

Anyone who was in the area at the time of the crash, or overtaken by one of the motorbikes, is being urged to call 101 and quote incident 382 of August 17.