Another flood warning is in force in Ruskington due to heavy rainfall in the county over the last 24 hours.
Ruskington has already been hit by flooding this month. People living in the village made desperate attempts to save their valuables on Westcliffe Road. Floodwater surrounded their bungalows and started to seep inside.
The Government’s flood information service issued the latest warning, meaning flooding is expected and immediate action required. A flood warning is also in place on the River Wreake at Frisby-on-the-Wreake.
Some 22 flood alerts are also in place.
River levels are currently rising at the Ruskington river gauge as a result of the heavy rainfall. As a result, flooding of property/roads and farmland is possible and river levels are forecast to remain high for the next few days.
Areas most at risk are near to the Ruskington Beck, including the following:
- Manor Street
- High Street South
- High Street North
- Chapel Street
- Chestnut Street
River levels are being monitored and staff are in the field checking for blockages and clearing weedscreens.
The flood information service is advising to avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses. It is also advised to plan driving routes to avoid low lying roads near rivers, which may be flooded.
Twenty two flood alerts have also been issued, meaning flooding is possible and to be prepared, in the following areas:
- Bain Catchment
- Barlings Eau and Duckpool Catchwater
- East and West Fens
- East and West Glens
- Fossdyke Canal and River Till
- Lincolnshire East Coast Rivers
- Lincoln Watercourses
- Lower River Ancholme
- Minor Watercourses in North Kesteven
- Minor Watercourses of South Forty Foot Drain
- Rase and Upper Ancholme
- River Devon and Smith in Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire
- River Maun in Nottinghamshire
- River Meden in Nottinghamshire
- River Steeping
- River Trent from Cromwell Weir to Gainsborough
- River Trent Tributaries in Nottinghamshire
- River Wreake in Leicestershire
- Welland Tributaries
- Welland Valley
- Witham in North Kesteven
- Witham in South Kesteven