The A15 Sleaford Road will now be closed over weekends, spread over two months, to allow for works on a new Eastern Bypass roundabout.
Lincolnshire County Council has put in a 14-mile-long diversion through the A607 Lincoln Road and B1178 White Lane.
The diversion and road closure was going to be from March 13 to May 4, but will now be extended to May 18:
- 7pm on Friday, March 13 to 9pm on Sunday, March 15
- 5am on Saturday, March 21 to 9pm on Sunday, March 22
- 5am on Saturday, March 28 to 9pm on Sunday, March 29
- 7pm on Friday, April 24 to 6am on Monday, April 27
- 7pm on Friday, May 1 to 6am on Monday, May 4
- 7pm on Friday, May 15 to 6am on Monday, May 18
Note: There will no longer be a closure from April 17 to April 20.
It will allow for finishing works at the new Sleaford Road roundabout including the final layer of surfacing, signage, and landscaping.
Councillor Richard Davies, executive member for highways at Lincolnshire County Council, said: “We’re just about finished with all our works at the new Sleaford Road roundabout.
“All that’s left is to lay the final layer of surfacing, paint road markings, install signage, topsoil and landscape, and carry out some other minor works.
“We will then inspect the roundabout and all its approaches to make sure everything is to the quality we want and expect.
“We’ll be doing our very best to complete all of this without using all six weekends, but whether we can or not will depend heavily on the weather cooperating with us.”