A homeless Lincoln man has been charged with assaulting an emergency worker in the city on Saturday.
Jonathan Hought, 32, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged for the following in connection with an incident at the YMCA charity shop in Lincoln on March 28:
- Assault by beating for spitting at a a shop worker
- Common assault for coughing at a shop worker
- Common assault of a police officer by coughing
- Two counts of criminal damage – damage to a police vehicle and damage to a cell
- Section 4A of the Public Order Act for making threats to cough on members of the public
Police added that COVID-19 was an aggravating feature.
Hought appeared at Lincoln District Magistrates Court during the morning of Monday, March 30. He was released on bail after entering a not-guilty plea.
A date was set for him to appear at Lincoln Crown Court for trial at 10am on June 29.