Boston
August 13, 2020 12.30 pm

Warning as cow dies choking on balloon

Balloons and lanterns banned at the reserve

A cow was found dead at Frampton Marsh after choking on a balloon, an item which is banned from the reserve.

The distressing discovery was made by a warden at the marsh near Boston and RSPB Frampton described it as “a senseless waste”.

RSPB England said: “We stand with Plastics Coalition and Marine Conservation Society in banning balloons and lanterns on our reserves and we call on everyone not to release balloons and sky lanterns.”

* Warning, viewer discretion advised as the below image is distressing

Click/tap to see image.Photo: RSPB

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.