Positive cases of coronavirus have been confirmed at four more Lincolnshire schools on Friday.
Lincolnshire County Council said on Friday, October 2 that it is currently working with 29 schools with cases of COVID-19.
The latest additions to the council’s list are Lincoln Carlton Academy, Hogsthorpe Primary Academy and Kesteven and Grantham Girls School.
The latter was formerly moved to the list of closed cases, but has been put back in the ‘active’ list due to another case of coronavirus.
In addition, Cliffedale Primary School in Grantham, which is not yet on the council’s list, has sent pupils home after a confirmed case of coronavirus, according to Grantham Journal.
The council said the only school closed is Cranwell Primary.
Andy Fox, consultant in public health, said: “As of this Friday, Lincolnshire’s Health Protection Team is currently working with 29 schools that have had confirmed cases of coronavirus.
“All schools are taking action to limit the potential spread of the virus, with some pupils and staff self-isolating as a precaution where necessary.”
Schools with current confirmed cases:
- Lincoln College
- Cranwell Primary School (closed)
- Queen Elizabeth High School, Gainsborough
- Gonerby Hill Foot Primary School, Grantham
- Hackthorn Primary School
- Kesteven and Sleaford High School
- Ellison Boulters Academy, Scothern
- Ermine Academy, Lincoln
- William Farr School, Welton
- Our Lady of Lincoln Catholic Primary School
- Branston Community Academy
- Bourne Abbey Primary Academy
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Horncastle
- Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School
- Priory City of Lincoln Academy
- St Helena’s Primary School, Willoughby
- Spalding Grammar School
- Sir Robert Pattinson Academy, North Hykeham
- Bluecoat Primary School, Stamford
- Somercotes Academy, North Somercotes
- The Deepings School
- Lincoln Castle Academy
- Bluecoat Meres Academy, Grantham
- Boston High School
- The Meadows Primary School, Lincoln
- Waddington All Saints Primary
- Dunholme St Chad’s Primary School
- Kesteven and Grantham Girls School
- Hogsthorpe Primary Academy
- Lincoln Carlton Academy
- Cliffedale Primary School, Grantham
Spalding Grammar School is the latest to be removed from the list as it is no longer an active case with Public Health England.
North East Lincolnshire
North East Lincolnshire Council confirmed on Friday that there have been four schools and education settings with confirmed cases of coronavirus this week, taking the total number to 11 since September 1.
Of these, seven are currently active cases with Public Health England.
Among the latest schools to be revealed were Middlethorpe Primary Academy (staff) and Signhills Infants Academy (pupil) in Cleethorpes after positive cases of coronavirus, according to Grimsby Live.
The exact number of schools with cases has not yet been disclosed by North Lincolnshire Council, but there is understood to be at least six.
South Axholme Academy in Epworth and Enderby Road Infant School in Scunthorpe each have a case of coronavirus.
A member of staff at both St Lawrence Academy in Scunthorpe and Baysgarth School in Barton-upon-Humber tested positive for coronavirus.
A pupil at Frederick Gough School and a member of staff at Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue (both in Scunthorpe) tested positive for coronavirus.
In addition, John Leggott College in Scunthorpe has a positive case of coronavirus, who is self-isolating at home.