Over sixty schools and education settings in Greater Lincolnshire have had positive cases of coronavirus this week.
Lincolnshire County Council said on October 9 that it is working with 43 schools with COVID-19 infections.
Some of the schools have had more than one case since term began in September.
The latest additions to the county council’s list are Branston Community Academy, Grantham College and Kelsey Primary School (North Kelsey, Market Rasen).
The only school on the council’s list that is currently closed is Bluecoat Meres Academy in Grantham.
Andy Fox, consultant in public health, said: “As of this Friday, Lincolnshire’s Health Protection Team is currently working with 43 schools that have had confirmed cases of coronavirus.
“All schools are taking action to limit the potential spread of the virus, with some pupils and staff self-isolating as a precaution where necessary.”
Schools with current confirmed cases:
- Lincoln College
- Queen Elizabeth High School, Gainsborough
- Hackthorn Primary School
- Kesteven and Sleaford High School
- Our Lady of Lincoln Catholic Primary School
- Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School
- Priory City of Lincoln Academy
- St Helena’s Primary School, Willoughby
- Somercotes Academy, North Somercotes
- The Deepings School
- Lincoln Castle Academy
- Lincoln Carlton Academy
- Bluecoat Meres Academy, Grantham (closed)
- Boston High School
- The Meadows Primary School, Lincoln
- Waddington All Saints Academy
- Dunholme St Chad’s Primary School
- Kesteven and Grantham Girls School
- Hogsthorpe Primary Academy
- Cliffedale Primary School, Grantham
- Gosberton House Academy
- Bassingham Pre-School
- Barrowby Primary School
- Billingborough Primary School
- The Priory Academy LSST
- Priory Ruskin Academy, Grantham
- Boston College
- Hawthorn Tree School, Boston
- Caistor Yarborough Academy
- Haven High Academy, Boston
- Malcolm Sargent Primary School, Stamford
- St George’s Academy, Sleaford
- St Peter and St Paul Academy, Lincoln
- Kirkstone House School, Baston
- North Kesteven Academy, North Hykeham
- Stamford Endowed Schools
- Manor Leas Junior School, Lincoln
- St Hugh’s Catholic Primary, Lincoln
- Ermine Academy, Lincoln
- St Giles Academy, Lincoln
- Branston Community College Academy
- Grantham College
- Kelsey Primary School
Earlier this week, six students at the University of Lincoln have tested positive for coronavirus, but the cases are from off campus.
Public Health are also aware of the following two cases at nurseries:
- Town and Country Kiddies Nursery, Louth
- Seashells Nursery, Mablethorpe
North East Lincolnshire
There are currently 14 schools and education settings with confirmed cases of coronavirus in North East Lincolnshire.
North Lincolnshire Council said it was unable to provide data regarding schools in the region with coronavirus cases.
There is understood to have been at least six cases at North Lincolnshire schools since term restarted in September.
- South Axholme Academy, Epworth
- Enderby Road Infant School, Scunthorpe
- St Lawrence Academy, Scunthorpe
- Baysgarth School, Barton-upon-Humber
- Frederick Gough School, Scunthorpe
- Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue, Scunthorpe
In addition, John Leggott College in Scunthorpe has also had a positive case of coronavirus.