A new rapid lateral flow COVID testing centre will open at Sudbrooke Drive Community Centre in Lincoln on April 12, which will also offer testing kits for collection.
This comes as the Croft Street (St Swithins) Community Centre site in Lincoln closed on March 31 and the Lincoln City Football Club testing centre is set to close its doors on April 11 at 8pm.
Last week, Boston Borough Council announced too that it is scaling down its testing centres to just one – at the Skirbeck St Nicholas Community Centre. It will be open at least until the end of June, the council say.
Here are all the other rapid testing sites across Lincolnshire (updated as of April 7):
- Lincoln – Sudbrooke Drive Community Centre, Lincoln, LN2 2EF – for key workers open Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 5pm
- Boston – Skirbeck St Nicholas Community Centre, Fishtoft Rd, Boston, PE21 0DJ – to remain open until end of June with hours changing to Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 5pm
- Grantham – Grantham West Community Centre, Trent Road – opens April 6 2021 – Mondays 8.30am-2.30pm; Tuesdays 12pm- 6pm; Wednesdays 8.30am-2.30pm; Thursdays 12pm-6pm – only for key workers without symptoms
- Sleaford – Sleaford Town Football Club ground Eslaforde Park, Boston Road, Sleaford, NG34 9GH (home test kits available as temporary asymptomatic testing provision from 9am to 3pm, seven days a week, from a mobile unit on the site)
- Gainsborough – Gainsborough Leisure Centre, The Avenue, Gainsborough DN21 1EP
- Horncastle – Stanhope Hall, 1 Boston Road, Horncastle, LN9 6EY
- Louth – Meridian Leisure Centre, Wood Lane, Louth, LN11 8SA
- Skegness – Arts Room, Embassy Theatre, Grand Parade, Skegness, PE25 2UG
- Trusthorpe – Trusthorpe Village Hall, Sutton Road, Trusthorpe, LN12 2PL
You do not need to book an appointment to get an asymptomatic test at any of the centres and you get results within the hour. However, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, you need to get a PCR test.
Free pick up twice-weekly lateral flow tests will be offered to everyone ahead of further lockdown relaxation.
The lateral flow testing kits – which can give results in up to 30 minutes – will be available from a number of sites from Friday. Here’s what we know so far.