Skegness
August 9, 2021 1.02 pm

Man admits manslaughter after tragic Skegness stabbing

Sentencing due in six weeks

A Skegness man on Monday admitted unlawfully killing a 26-year-old following a stabbing in the town.

Scott Rowen, 29, of Glentworth Crescent, Skegness, had been due to stand trial in front of a jury at Lincoln Crown Court this morning (August 9) accused of the murder of Jordan Siree.

On Monday, he denied the charge of murder but pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Mr Siree on December 23, 2020.

Michael Auty QC, prosecuting, told the court that the fatal injury was inflicted by a single blow with a knife and the guilty plea to manslaughter was accepted by the prosecution.

Flowers and balloons were left in tribute at the scene after the death of a man in Skegness. | Photo: The Lincolnite

The charge follows an incident on the evening of December 22.

Mr Siree was found with serious injuries after police attended a property in Glentworth Crescent, Skegness.

He was taken to hospital but died in the early hours of the following day.

A police cordon was put in place at the rear of the County Hotel in Skegness.

Judge John Pini QC adjourned sentence for six weeks.

He remanded Rowen in custody and told him: “There will obviously be an immediate custodial sentence. That is inevitable.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.