Lincoln’s pub and bar industry leaves its residents spoiled for choice when it comes to drink options in the city – and thankfully there are plenty of places that run regular pub quizzes too!
One of the British public’s favourite pastimes is a good pub quiz, spending time with friends over a few drinks and a clash of brains.
Finding a regular place for pub quizzing can be quite difficult, so we have decided to curate a list of some of the weekly pub quizzes in the city of Lincoln – all of which offer up tempting cash prizes for those who win.
Here are some of the most popular quizzes at Lincoln pubs, and when they take place:
- Horse & Groom – 8.30pm weekly: £1 entry per person, maximum six people per team with £10 gift voucher for each member of winning team, as well as chance of winning ‘lock box’ of cash
- The Mailbox – 8pm weekly: Free entry, £50 prize for winners, mobile phones banned to prevent cheating
- The Lion and Snake – 9pm weekly: General knowledge quiz, £1 entry fee, drinks vouchers and cumulative jackpot prize for winners
- The Royal William IV – 8.30pm weekly but not in December: £1 per person, maximum six people per team, £10 voucher for winners, as well as chance of winning ‘lock box’ of cash, roll over if box not opened
- Magna Carta – 7.30pm weekly: Online kwizzbit quiz via downloadable mobile app, charity donation to EDAN Lincs for entry, £35 bar tab for winning team
- Nosey Parker – 8.30pm weekly: £1 entry per person with cash prize for winners of online quiz, bingo session half-way through for £1 a card
- The William Foster – 8pm weekly: Free entry for online quiz via We Love Quiz app, in-house prize of £20 bar tab and chance to win national prize pot of up to £1,500 each week
- Prince of Wales – 8pm weekly: Free entry for online quiz via We Love Quiz app, in-house prize of £20 bar tab and chance to win national prize pot of up to £1,500 each week
- The Golden Eagle – 8pm weekly: £1 entry with winner taking home the pot of money, mixture of quiz and bingo
- The Adam & Eve – 8.30pm weekly: General knowledge quiz costing £1 per person (maximum six per team) with cash prizes to be won, including “snowball jackpot”
- Walkabout – 7.30pm weekly: Interactive quiz involving activities and challenges, £50 bar tab winning prize increases to £100 during term times for students, as well as different generous prizes each week, from TVs to consoles