November 29, 2023 4.45 pm

Lincoln university student died of excessive drinking, inquest reveals

First-year student Alfie Head passed away on November 14

By Local Democracy Reporter

A student attending the University of Lincoln passed away due to acute alcohol toxicity, commonly known as alcohol poisoning.

An inquest into the death of first-year student Alfie John Head revealed that he suffered a hypoxic brain injury due to aspiration pneumonia, which was ultimately caused by excessive alcohol consumption.

Read the full story on MyLocal Lincolnshire, the new home of The Lincolnite