Update: Retford lines are now open. Further delays will be ongoing throughout day however as a result of the issue.
— Network Rail (@networkrail) June 2, 2016
More trains are expected to pass through Lincoln over the next few hours due to major disruption on the line between Grantham and Doncaster.
Overhead wire problems near Retford have meant that trains will be unable to run between Retford and Doncaster until approximately 2pm.
Trains between Grantham and Doncaster will be diverted via Lincoln Central or cancelled.
Buses are running between Retford and Doncaster.
The line is expected to reopen at 2pm, but Virgin Trains East Coast has said that delays can be expected until the end of service.
— David Horne (@DavidHorne) June 2, 2016
Grand Central passengers may use:
- East Midlands Trains between London St Pancras International and Sheffield
- CrossCountry between Sheffield and Doncaster
Virgin Trains East Coast passengers may use:
- CrossCountry between Sheffield and Newcastle
- East Midlands Trains between London St Pancras International and Sheffield. Details of alternative routes via London St Pancras International can be found here
- Great Northern between London kings Cross and Peterborough
- TransPennine Express between Manchester and Leeds / York / Newcastle
- Virgin Trains services between London Euston and Scotland / Manchester. Details of alternative routes via London Euston can be found here