Visitors to Lincoln travelled back to the 13th century and met King John at Lincoln Castle today.
On Saturday, September 17, Lincoln Castle saw a number of costumed performers and live re-enactments opening the weekend of medieval action.
King John made his grand arrival with his household of musicians and soldiers, falconer and jester.
Take a look at our gallery of the day’s events here:
Wish you could have gone to the event?
Worry not! The event will also take place tomorrow, where visitors can:
- See a tournament marshalled by King John, with knights battling on horseback
- Find out what people would have been eating in the King’s court in the 13th century
- Watch birds of prey flying in a demonstration of medieval hunting techniques
- Be entertained and amused by Peterkin the fool
- Discover the story of Magna Carta with live performances.
Event and castle attractions will take place tomorrow from 10am – 5pm.
The castle will be paid entry throughout the weekend. Anyone paying to enter the event will also have access to the other castle attractions.