Future Fest returned to the city of Lincoln once again this week with a showcase of space-age technology, pioneering research Star Wars zones and robot wars.
Tech guru, TV presenter and visiting University of Lincoln lecturer Jason Bradbury was the special guest at the annual event at the Engine Shed.
He was also on-hand to judge a Future Fest robot battle, where visitors’ robot creations were pitted against each other and judged as they took on a challenging assault course.
The sic-fi-themed festival on Thursday, November 10 offered visitors the chance to try their hand at stage combat to recreate famous lightsaber battle scenes and build their own robots to go head-to-head.
Take a look back at some of our favourite images from the event:
The event featured a number of exciting interactive zones including:
- The Robot Zone, which demonstrated the very latest in cutting-edge robotics
- The Gaming Zone, where visitors could head to ‘a galaxy far far away’ with a variety of Star Wars computer games.
- The Space Zone, where visitors could learn about the technologies which help us understand what is going on 380,000 feet above our heads.
- The Movie Maker Zone, which revealed how films are brought to life – from concept to screen.
- The Stage Combat Zone saw visitors unleash their inner Luke Skywalker and learn how the best battles are fought with lightsabers.