Lincolnshire’s Olympic and Paralympic heroes will be celebrated with an open top bus tour of Lincoln this week.
The event, organised by Lincolnshire Sport in partnership with Stagecoach, will take place on Friday, November 4.
This comes after previous plans for a celebration event at Lincoln Castle were scrapped after partners, Lincolnshire County Council, dropped out.
Janet Inman, CEO of Lincolnshire Sport, said: “We have been working with Stagecoach to pull together the event to celebrate the success we had in Rio.
“We’re so proud of Lincolnshire’s Olympians and Paralympians and this is an excellent chance to celebrate their successes in Rio over the summer.”
Hockey player Shona McCallin, open water swimmer Jack Burnell, equestrian hero Sophie Wells and shotputter Kieran Tscherniawsky will be driven down Wragby Road, to Outer Circle Road and Monks Road before heading towards Rope Walk and West Parade.
Heading back to the Bailgate area the athletes will drive past schools on Laughton Way, Bishop Grosseteste University on Newport and Longdales road.
The bus will finish its journey at Westgate School on Rasen Lane where the pupils will have a chance to meet the athletes.
- 10.30am – Leave Cathedral, Eastgate, Langworthgate
- 10.33am – Eastgate Infant school, Wragby Road
- 10.35am – Christ’s Hospital School, Outer Circle Road, Monks Road
- 10.42am – Monks Abbey School and Lincoln College, Broadgate, Melville St, Tentercroft Street
- 10.50am – St Marks Street, Rope Walk, over University Bridge to Brayford Way and Newland
- 10.55am – Lincolnshire County Council, Up Orchard St
- 10.57am – City of Lincoln Council, West Parade, Hampton Street
- 11.02am – St Faith & St Martin School, Yarborough Hill, Yarborough Crescent, Riseholme Road
- 11.05am – Castle Academy and St Francis School, Laughton Way, Woodhall Drive, Laughton Way
- 11.10am – Ermine Academy, Laughton Way
- 11.15am- Our Lady of Lincoln, Laughton Way, Ravendale
- 11.18am- Lincoln College Ravendale site, Longdales Road
- 11.20am- Bishop Grosseteste University, Newport, Vere Street
- 11.24am- Mount Street Academy, Burton Road, Westgate
- 11.30am – Westgate Academy, Rasen Lane, Church Lane
Michelle Hargreaves, Managing Director for Stagecoach East Midlands said: “Stagecoach is extremely proud of what all the athletes achieved at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
For more information, follow Lincolnshire Sport on Twitter @LincsSport.