Man bailed after serious assault outside Lincoln pub

A 38-year-old man has been released on bail as police continue to look into last week’s alleged attack outside The Anchor pub on Lincoln High Street.

As previously reported, a 28-year-old local man was knocked to the ground, suffering a head injury, at about 2.40am on Friday, November 2.

It is believed he hit his head on a bollard and he was taken to Lincoln County Hospital before later being transferred to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham in a serious condition with a head injury.

He is still receiving treatment at QMC, police told reporters on Wednesday, November 7.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Police said: “There have been no further arrests. The 38-year-old man who was arrested has been bailed. The injured person remains at QMC, Nottingham.”

Anyone with information or who was in the area around the time of the incident should contact police on 101.