DIY wasp nest ‘flame-thrower’ sets Lincoln flat alight
This story is over
A Lincoln flat went up in flames when the owner tried to clear a wasps nest with a makeshift flamethrower.
Crews from Lincoln North fire station attended the blaze in a flat on Edendale Gardens at around 5pm on Sunday, July 21.
They used a hose reel the extinguish the fire after the occupier used an ignited aerosol on the wasps’ nest in the cavity wall.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: “Please never do this. Contact a pest controller.”
Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.
Choose text size and reading mode:
Spelling error report
The following text will be sent to our editors: