Travellers in Lincoln will benefit from LNER’s long-awaited extra direct trains between city and London Kings Cross from October.
The Lincolnite has compiled a handy guide of everything you need to know about the Azuma services, which will be the first wave of new LNER trains between the two cities.
Lincoln to London direct trains (Mon-Fri)
- Current Departs Lincoln 7.30am, arriving at London Kings Cross (KGX) 9.26am (1hr56m)
- New Departs Lincoln 11.18am, arriving KGX 1.23pm (2hr 5min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs Lincoln 1.23pm, arriving KGX 3.23pm (2hr)
- New Departs Lincoln 3.26pm, arriving KGX 5.23pm (1hr 57min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs Lincoln 5.15pm, arriving KGX 7.23pm (2hr 8min)
London to Lincoln direct trains (Mon-Fri)
- New Departs London Kings Cross (KGX) 10.06am, arriving at Lincoln 12.04pm (1hr 58min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs KGX 12.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 2.07pm (2hr 1min)
- New Departs KGX 2.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 4.03pm (1hr 57min) (Azuma train)
- New Departs KGX 4.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 6.08pm (2hr 2min)
- Current Departs KGX 7.06pm, arriving at Lincoln 9.03pm (1hr 57min
Everything else you need to know
- Tickets went on sale on Friday, August 30
- Azuma trains will begin operating weekday services in each direction alongside the existing daily LNER High Speed Train service from October 21. However, LNER appears to be taking bookings on its website for these services from October 14, which will be running Monday to Friday
- The Azuma fleet will provide a two-hourly Monday to Friday service departing London at 10:06am, 12:06pm, 2.06pm and 4.06pm.
- Southbound services will depart Lincoln at 11.18am, 1.23pm, 3.26pm and 5.14pm.
- The current 7.30am Lincoln to London and return service from London at 7.06pm will be replaced by an Azuma train later in the year
- A sixth daily return weekday service will be introduced as part of the December timetable change from December 15, alongside five additional services on Saturdays
- The Saturday Azuma service will be introduced from December 7 to provide extra seats for people wishing to visit the Lincoln Christmas Markets
- From the December timetable change there will be five services in each direction on Sundays too
- The existing fleet will be fully replaced by June 2020