Drivers in Lincoln will face seven weeks of a disruption due to a full 24/7 closure of Greetwell Road from today, Monday, October 14.
The closure is in place just past the mini roundabout near Wickes, to all traffic, until 6pm on Friday, November 29. It is subject to weather conditions and includes evenings and weekends.
The diversion route for the closure will be via Outer Circle Road, Bunkers Hill, Hawthorn Road, Croft Lane/Church Lane, Fiskerton Road and Greetwell Road, and vice versa.
The new Greetwell Road roundabout should be ready by the end of November.
Upcoming and current traffic restrictions and closures
- Lane closures on Wragby Road roundabout from October 6-18
- Full, night-time road closure of Wragby Road roundabout from October 28 to November 8, 6.30pm to 6am
- Night-time three-way traffic signals on Wragby Road roundabout from November 11-22, 6.30pm to 6am (weekday only)
- Weekend-only road closure on A15 Sleaford Road from 6am on Saturday to 6am on Monday – click here for more information
- Full 24/7 closure of Greetwell Road from October 14 to November 29
Current/ongoing traffic restrictions and closures
- Temporary speed restrictions on Washingborough Road, Greetwell Road, Lincoln Road, Sleaford Road and Hawthorn Road
- Weekday off-peak two-way traffic signals (9.30am-3.30pm) until mid-December on A15 Sleaford Road
- Temporary traffic signals on Hawthorn Road, Greetwell Road, Washingborough Road and Lincoln Road to allow safe access for construction vehicles and machinery
- Temporary 200m path diversion on the Sustrans route along the River Witham
- Full closure of Heighington Road, Bloxholm Lane and Greetwell Fields Lane