Demolition work has started on the Specialist Heat Exchangers site in North Hykeham that was destroyed by a fire earlier this week.
A large fire started inside the factory on Freeman Road on Tuesday, June 2, with nine fire crews called to the scene to extinguish the flames.
Firefighters said that the most likely cause of the blaze was a faulty light fitting.
Work has now started on knocking the building down, with future plans currently uncertain.
A digger was spotted at the site of the incident on Friday, June 5, with the surrounding area blocked off by a fence to allow for demolition work.
The fire left the factory severely damaged, with rubble surrounding the area.
The Lincolnite have approached Specialist Heat Exchangers for a comment on this, but are yet to receive a reply.
CEO Ian Sheriff had previously thanked the emergency services that dealt with the fire.
“We are grateful to Lincolnshire Fire Service, Lincolnshire Police and all emergency services who responded immediately to contain what was an extremely serious event. Their professional competence is something exceptional.”