There will be night-time road closures and disruption from next week as work continues on the £4.2 million expansion of the A46 Riseholme roundabout.
The works first started in February and the project was due to be finished in the summer, but a month-long shutdown in April delayed the work. The completion was pushed back to autumn 2020.
- Night-time road closure on A15 arm of the roundabout from 7pm-5.30am, for two evenings starting on Monday, July 13
- Night-time road closure on eastern arm of the roundabout from 7pm-5.30am, for three evenings starting on Wednesday, July 15
- Night-time road closures of the eastern arm of the A46 Riseholme roundabout between 7pm and 6am, starting on Monday, July 27 for one week
There will be a signed diversion route via Nettleham Road/Longdales Road/Riseholme Road and vice versa.
A temporary 30mph speed limit and lane narrowing on the roundabout’s approach lanes will remain in place throughout the whole project.
Since starting the project in February, work from the site team has included constructing manholes, installing street lighting, completing the main Anglian Water diversion, removing the existing islands at all roundabout approaches and building up two of the embankments.
The main work on the northwest and southeast corners are nearing completion, so the improvements to the roundabout’s southwest and northeast corners are now the primary focus.
The work happening in July is as follows:
- Finish laying asphalt on the northwest and southeast corners of the roundabout
- Begin excavating the southwest and northeast corners for widening
- Complete kerbing and drainage work on southwest and northeast corners
- Begin kerbing to increase the roundabout’s central island radius and install associated draining
- Carry out earthworks to the embankments and top-soiling of verges