The first half of the new A1 bridge is now ready for vehicles to use, as work continues on the Grantham Southern Relief Road.
However, there will be some traffic restrictions and closures on the A1, both northbound and southbound, in October.
For the current/ongoing traffic restrictions and closures there is a 50mph speed limit and narrowed lanes in place on the A1 between Harlaxton to Little Ponton.
A full night-time closure on the northbound A1 between Little Ponton and Harlaxton from 8pm to 6am has been in place.
The final five evenings will finish at 6am on Tuesday, October 6 and there will be a further closure on Sunday, October 10.
The diversion will be via A606 at Stamford to the A607 to the A1 at Harlaxton.
There will also be a full night-time closure on the southbound A1 between Harlaxton and Little Ponton from 8pm to 6am from Tuesday, October 6 to Wednesday, October 7 for two evenings and again on Saturday, October 9.
The diversion will be via the A607 at Harlaxton to the A606 to A1 at Stamford.
In addition, there will also be a lane closure on the southbound A1 between Harlaxton and Little Ponton from 8pm to 6am between Thursday, October 8 to Monday, October 12 for five evenings.
The following works will be taking place in October:
- Complete road surfacing of the new section of A1 ahead of moving traffic to the first half of the new bridge
- Continue drainage works to the western side of the scheme
- Carry out ducting installation at and near the new roundabouts
- Continue piling operations for the second stage of the new A1 bridge and begin guidewall construction
- Switch traffic so the A1 runs on the first half of the new structure
- Anglian Water will be commencing watermain diversions west of the railway as part of Phase Three / Galliford Try to construct a haul road for Anglian Water from Whalebone Lane towards the railway providing access for additional watermain diversion east of the rail line
- Continuing post-excavation archaeological reporting