April 8, 2022 7.00 pm This story is over 25 months old

Cleethorpes deli is shut down as bailiffs arrive

Thomas Greens repossessed and locks changed

A Cleethorpes deli and coffee shop has been repossessed just days after a bar run by the same operator was shut down.

Bailiffs attended Thomas Greens on Sea View Street around 6.30am on Friday morning. A notice to repossess the property was pinned to the shutters and the locks were changed.

The artisan deli is run by Jax Hussain, who was also the operator of Arthur’s House. The cocktail bar was closed down on Monday after the landlord took back control of it.

The repossession notice on Thomas Greens reads: “As you were not present when we repossessed the property, we formally notify you that goods [were] left at 12 Sea View Street Cleethorpes. You have 14 days from the date of this notice to remove all goods and belongings from this property.”

It warns that after 28 days, the goods will be transferred to the landlord and will be sold. The company hasn’t commented on the closure on its social media.

It is the second property run by Mr Hussain to close this week. Arthur’s House also unexpectedly shut on Monday, although the police were called after a window was reportedly smashed and the locks were drilled.

A spokesperson for the landlord Arthur Burton Ltd said: “Wilkin Chapman changed the locks and placed the forfeiture notice around 6.30am this morning. A few hours later, we heard that a window had been smashed and the door was drilled out, and called the police.

“This is the end of Arthur’s House – it won’t be reopening. We will have a very exciting new bar opening in the space by the end of the month, however.”

A licence application for a new cocktail lounge called Forty One has now gone up on the premises. The company posted online: “We are delighted to be opening our cocktail lounge on Sea View Street, we can’t wait to open our doors and have a drink with you all soon. Keep your eyes peeled for further updates.”

The Thomas Greens branch in Scartho also unexpectedly closed last August. The venue received a one star food hygiene rating and removed its kitchen shortly after.