Horncastle

A new food challenge in Horncastle is yet to be defeated.

Munch & Go is a food delivery service in Horncastle and has been running for over six years in the area, but this challenge is something completely new.

The Tiger Loaf challenge began on Saturday, August 8 and has so far had two people try, and fail, to beat it.

The challenge requires you to eat a monstrous tiger loaf sandwich which contains 10 sausages, 8 bacon rashers, 8 hash browns, 4 eggs and a tin and a half of baked beans.

Owner Andrew Eurich showing off the Tiger Loaf. Photo: Munch & Go Horncastle

It costs £20 to enter, and you have 45 minutes to eat the whole thing.

If you don’t finish it, you get to take the rest away and eat it later, but if you win you get the meal free.

That’s a LOT of food for just one sandwich. Photo: Munch & Go Horncastle

There is also a £50 cash prize for the first person who can complete the challenge.

Owner Andrew Eurich told Lincolnshire Reporter that there has been plenty of interest in the challenge.

“The interest is growing, we’ve had three people ask to do the challenge after seeing the posts on Facebook.

“I’m going to contact a few competitive eaters to try and get them to take it on.”

If you think you can take on the Tiger Loaf challenge, send Munch & Go a message on Facebook, or call them on 07510 300769.

Lincoln Magistrates Court approved the eviction of four people from three flats in the Bull Ring in Horncastle after reports of damaging property.

Properties 5B, 5C and 5D on Bull Ring, Horncastle have been cleared after reports of anti-social behaviour and disorder, including smashing glass and throwing things.

Flat 5B was issued a three month closure notice by the court on July 21, with a man and a woman being evicted that night.

Flats 5C and 5D were given two month closure notices on August 5, a man from each residence was escorted from the property, Lincolnshire Police said.

The flats have now been temporarily boarded up. This means it is now a criminal offence for anybody other than the landlord, or someone carrying out repairs for the landlord, to enter these flats.

Inspector Sarah Constantine for the Wolds said: “My team and I recognise and understand that there has been concern in the community about how the police have been able to deal with those involved in this anti-social behaviour during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“A great deal of work has gone into this very difficult case by all involved including our partner agencies and the public who supported us to achieve this outcome.”

A developer is looking to build a reduced 89-home development in Horncastle after a previous application was refused.

Gleeson Homes has applied to East Lindsey District Council for permission for the development off Winceby Gardens.

It follows a refusal for 97 homes on the site in December 2019 after councillors failed to be impressed by the designs.

The planning committee said the proposal was too dense, had an inappropriate amount of landscaping and open space, poorly sited play area and was overbearing of existing homes on Banovallum Gardens.

East Lindsey District Council’s planning committe refused a previous application on December 5.

A large number of objections had also been recieved including from Horncastle Town Council.

Local residents feared the plans would increase the use of nearby roads as a “rat run”

Documents before ELDC said the new plans hoped to address the concerns.

They said new open space to the north of the site would provide a “buffer zone” with Banovallum Gardens, while the road layout would be “pedestrian friendly”.

Residents fear an increase in the road being used as a “rat run”.

The new homes will include 24 two-bedroom, 58 three-bedroom and seven four-bedroom houses.

The documents said the proposal will provide: “The opportunity to bring forward low cost market housing, which will provide choice for local residents.”

Outline approval for 90 homes on the site was approved in September 2016.

+ More stories