March 27, 2018 2.10 pm This story is over 45 months old

How to report a pothole and claim compensation in Lincolnshire

Crumbling roads? Here’s what you need to do.

Potholes have been popping up all over the county in recent months.

Some residents in North Hykeham have been getting creative with how they report potholes over the weekend, but there are easier ways to report them.

How to report

The Lincolnshire County Council website has a section dedicated to reporting potholes and claiming compensation.

To report a fault on the roads, you must first select which road has been affected and then select ‘Pothole’ on the ‘Fault type’ drop down menu.

Then select how deep the pothole is and provide a description of where the pothole is located and upload photographs to help the engineers to identify the pothole.

The County Council now has more than £12 million to spend on pothole repairs after receiving an additional £3.4 million from the government’s pothole action fund.

Part of the £12 million that the county council has to spend on pothole repairs will also go towards compensation claims from drivers.

How to claim

If your vehicle has been damaged after running over a pothole, then you can submit an insurance claim by calling 01522 782070.

The county council say that they are only “partially liable” for damage to vehicles or personal injury.

Nearly half a million pounds has been paid out in compensation for potholes in the past three years, a freedom of information request by The Lincolnite revealed last month.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.